Sunday, February 19, 2017

Vintage Girl with Hoop Canvas

I've been incognito for a long time, dealing with some health problems that are finally slowly being resolved. This is my first creative project in a long time. We moved and my paints and things were all packed up and I just didn't have the strength to do any organizing or unpacking. Now I'm more organized and really feeling more creative, so I'm off to the creating races!
                                          Here is the whole canvas, and below are closeups.








This is an 8" x 10" canvas I painted with white gesso, applied some clear modeling paste from different stencils, then layered with ink sprays, stamps, lace bits and paper to add more texture and color.

Once the background was done, I added a photo to a Prima Marketing resin frame that I'd antiqued with a bit of gold, copper, and blue-green patina. I layered the frame over a faux tin tile and piece of window screening. Fabric and paper flowers, bits of lace, a few resin and metal pieces were arranged around the frame. the finishing touches are some Prima glass pearls, crystal embellishments and floral wire "springs" dyed to match the background.

The photo came from Angela Holt's Pinterest pages. https://www.pinterest.com/angelahdesigns/?eq=Angela%20Holt&etslf=21077






No comments: