Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Autumn Leaves and Apple Pie

This was a quick to put together gift box. I'm thinking apple turnovers as little gifts. Make a batch, slip a few into this easy boxes, hand out to your friends. The box pattern is a basic pillow box, about 4.5" x 6", and the image is a freebie from The Vintage Workshop, http://blog.thevintageworkshop.com/?p=3264. Just cut out, score, fold, and stick together. I trimmed the outer edges of the image, so I could use only the leaves and message. Then I used gold embossing powder to enhance the lettering and UTEE mixed with a little cinnamon (yes cinnamon) to deepen the color on the darker background leaves and add depth. I cut a long strip of parchment colored cardstock with the EK Success leaf border, did a little shading with Copics, then glittered with Martha Stewart Sunstone, Green Agate, and Peridot ultra fine glitter. I wrapped that around one end of the box and layered the image on top. Fold in the ends. How easy was that?!

No comments: