Saturday, October 8, 2011

Halloween Greetings

     Here's my first attempt at an easel card. It was not difficult at all, and what a great way to pressure your friends to display the cards you give them! I made the base card from black card stock, framed the vintage card graphic with a pumpkin colored card stock, and also used it to cut a tag and a piece of paper lace for the inside. The sentiment is another (smaller) tag of parchment card stock that I ran through my printer. 
     The vintage card has flocking on the mask and the balls on the cap, and clear heat embossing on the colored lettering, with clear holographic embossing powder on the Jack-O-Lantern. I distressed the outside edges and mounted it on the front of the black card base. The charm in the upper left is made from inexpensive metal coin charms which I strung together with jump rings. I had to punch extra holes in the bottom of the large coin, but sometimes you can find them with holes punched in the bottom already. I inked up a swirl of white pearls to give them an antique look and applied them to the bottom corner.
     Inside, the sentiment is mounted on the pumpkin tag and adhered to the bottom center of the card. The paper lace is applied about 1/3 of the way down from the top of the inside panel. I then punched 1" flower shapes from parchment card stock and an orange and rust card stock (three of each). I stamped a witch on one parchment flower and lizards on the other two. After distressing the edges, I mounted them on top of the colored flowers and curled the petals up slightly.Finally, I used pop dots to attach them to the paper lace. This adds dimension and provides stops to keep the card propped up. 

 Supplies: Bazzil Basics card stock, Ranger Embossing powders, Martha Stewart Flocking Powder, Recollections (by Michael's) Adhesive Faux Pearls. Paper lace and tags were cut using Spellbinders Classic Lace Grand Die and Large Labels. Other supplies were leftovers from other projects.
Card front when closed.





No comments: