Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Heart With Wings

I have been on a bit of a tag kick recently (that is, when I'm not making albums). They are like micro art collages for me. I get to try out new techniques and use new supplies without having to make a big project, or more specifically, without wasting my new supplies on a large practice project! Here, I cut out a card stock heart and stamped my sentiment. I attached grungeboard wings and a crown (from Tim Holtz) that I heat embossed with silver glitter powder. I mounted them on a handmade card stock tag with a bit of paper lace cut from music note scrapbook paper with a Spellbinders Classic Lace Grand die. Antiquing around the edges of the tag and heart adds a little interest and depth. I finished it off with leaves punched from dark green paper and handmade flowers from patterned scrapbook paper scraps. The final touches are a chain from a vintage necklace made from silver links and pearls to which I added a crystal drop, and a tea-dyed gauze "ribbon."

No comments: