Thursday, March 1, 2012

Tabletop Sign or Wreath Display Post



After seeing several variations of this, I decided to whip up my own. I wanted a nice way to display seasonal decorations without making new holes in the walls. This fits the bill perfectly. I took a spindle used for decks and cut it in half. I topped it with a wooden finial and mounted it on a 4.5" round wooden plaque. The hanger is a wooden drawer pull mounted on the side (see pics below). After a coat of black spray paint, it looks wonderful. Cost- a little more than $5! Another hurray!



Side view.

Front view without anything hanging on it.

                                                                                                       


The whole thing is about 22" tall.



Happy St. Patrick's Day!
                                                                

No comments: