Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Top o' the Morning to Ye...

     Everything is coming up green around our house. We love St. Patrick's Day! I needed a little green to hand from a peg rack and this is what I came up with. The largest circle is coffee-stained and gathered coffee filters glued to a backing. The next layer is green plaid scrapbook paper pleated and formed into a circle. Finally, some shamrocks and a little Irish lass are layered and popped up on top. All of this is attached to a card stock banner, a dowel glued to the top and hung with ribbon. Easy peasy....
    I always do a little distressing with ink and add embossing, glitter and flocking for texture and interest. There are lots of vintage postcard images available that are copyright-free, so I can always find something new for every holiday.
   Here's my version of the St. Pat's banner Kristyn over at Lil' Luna (http://lilluna.com/st-patricks-day-banner/) has created. She has downloadable maps for your background and easy to follow instructions.  As usual, I had to do my own take on it. I cut shamrocks out of scrapbook paper, distressed the edges and layered them over a munched-up (hand gathered) coffee filter medallion, and then applied them to a banner shape cut from the maps of Ireland I downloaded from her site.


No comments: